Thursday, July 10, 2008

Our boy loves forts...

This post will be relatively short, comprised mainly of pictures (which is what everyone really tunes in for, anyway!).

I will say that I've switched Real Estate companies to Red Door Realty; I like to think of it as a boutique-type company, and I'm really excited. It's in a great location, and hopefully I can begin to prosper!

The newest "thing I thought I'd never say" is:

"Noah, we don't color on the microwave."

This was followed by a very pointed stare, and indeed, more coloring on the microwave. This, in turn, was followed by me taking my very willful son into my arms, saying, "Noah, look at me..." and then he not only turns his head, but squinches his eyes shut so that he most definitely will not even look at me, even as an accident. *Sigh*

And to the fort thing. I took a blankie and put it on the floor, underneath our table and then covered the table with a large white sheet:


It's not fancy, but Noah loves it. The first time he saw it, I think there was a spark of recognition in his boy DNA, and he got under it as fast as he could and just laughed & laughed. He calls it a "tickle tunnel," which is what we call it when he drives whatever wheeled device through our legs (we're standing up...otherwise it would be really impossible) and then we tickle him as he drives through the "tunnel" (and granted, it's a really poor tunnel, since it's pretty much just an upside down "V" made by our legs...but the alliteration was nice). But, when I mention "fort" he runs to the table, so he knows it as a fort, too.

His taste in music is also expanding, asking for "Papa Oom Maw Maw" (or however you spell it) and tonight we were playing "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and he kept asking for it (didn't hurt that the video accompanying it was an animated hippo) while we were trying to get through our bedtime stories tonight. I think Patrick will have to make another compilation CD for Noah...and quite frankly, I wish he would, because I'm getting a little tired of the first one. I guess it's a testimony to Patrick's ability to pick out songs that Noah will like, but I'm about ready to go nuts. The songs aren't horrible, it's just that I hear them all. the. time. So yes, please--Patrick--we need a new CD!!!!

Enjoy the pictures!



I hope that everyone is able to play this; Noah is somewhat singing "Hot Dog" but in the middle asks if that is his nipple. I thought it was too great to NOT post & let everyone see it.


Modeling his Tyrone Soccer wear... Rachel found this great site for kids clothes that has ridiculous prices; his Mimi bought him this...


Noah's newest best friend. I still hate the little red demon with a passion, but it puts a look like this on Noah's face, so I gave in this one time. That does not mean that I like Elmo, or that I condone Elmo or Elmo-like gifts! Besides, this one doesn't speak, doesn't giggle, doesn't move--he just is there & lets our boy hug on him!


Yeah, I'm not sure why he's got the slipper on his hand, either, and yes, it's not the most intelligent expression. I figure that in about 10 years, though, this is what we'll see Noah looking like.


Noah, playing in his fort...


This is one of the many ways to enter and exit the fort. Under the chair. Now, keep in mind, that it's not like we just have this maze of chairs & that's the only way to get in or out. He just likes doing it that way...

Having a good time....

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

I love that he looks down as if to see what that bumpy thing is he's poking at like crazy. And he's like OH that's just my nipple... I knew it was there.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

Yeah, I was pretty happy I got the nipple comment in the video. I'm just thrilled, though, that Blogger can do this! I love the videos that Patrick does, and they will be longer than what the still camera can do, but it is time consuming to transfer the video camera movies to a usable format--even without any editing. So, for now, if we just want to do some short snippets of Noah doing crazy things, I'm thrilled to find a way to do it!

He changes so much--sometimes I think I can tell just in a DAY, and it's wonderful to be able to share actual, live moments with people who don't have that opportunity. Although, I must admit, even though he's still wonderful, when he's not feeling well (as he has been a bit under the weather, congested, mainly--which affects his ability to sleep) there are less of the "awwww, how sweet!" moments and more of the "are you possessed by an evil spirit?" moments. Which, I'm sure, no one really wants to see.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home