Monday, July 25, 2005

Another week...hopefully we can make another dollar!

Well, Patrick is back in Cheraw. I miss him, but I try to stay cheerful--he knows he's in a pit, he doesn't need me bellyaching about it, too!!! We did have a great weekend--we've tried to eat our way through Greenville. Friday night we ate at Golden Palace--fabulous Indian food!!! I think the restaurant was voted "Best Indian" by Greenvillians (Greenvilleites? I'm not sure what people from Greenville are called...). On Saturday, we watched discs 2 & 3 of the 1st season of "24"...yes, that's about 8 episodes, at around 43 minutes each. We were slugs on Saturday!!! I know that we did manage to get out of the apartment for a bit...to eat. We ate at Acropolis (Greek), where they give you so much food you wonder how you'll get out of the door!!! It was so good...I don't know what they do to the chicken, but it's magic. Homemade pita bread, hummous...yum!!!! Sunday we did decide to do something...so around 1 or so we headed to the mountains, and hiked the Carrick Creek Trail at Table Rock State Park. Not a bad hike--some challenging parts to the trail, but overall I'd say it was Easy to Moderate. I still felt more winded than I wanted to. I feel like I'm such a weenie!!! I've not done any exercise since around February.

I got a Sunday paper yesterday, and started marking it up for potential jobs. I sent off 4 cover letters/resumes to jobs that listed e-mail addresses, and went to the Apartment Office to fax two other cover letters/resumes to two jobs that listed fax numbers. I filled out two applications for jobs at the Hospital; nothing seems to be available for State Jobs, but I'm still looking (the Forensic Lab would be listed in the State Jobs). Also, our Apartment Complex is looking for evening Clubhouse Attendants--it's only around $6/hr, and really, really part time (1 evening/week from 6-10, and 1 weekend 5-10), but you never know...plus who can't use extra money??? I'll go ahead & fill out the application & see what happens. Even if I had something permanent, this still may be a nice for a little extra dough. Plus, it's close to home....

I had a great visit with my folks last week; I'm really, really happy that I've been able to see them as much as I have--for over 10 years I've only seen them once a year, so to be able to see them in December, then again when we were moving, and then this past week...plus, we'll go to Atlanta the weekend of Aug. 12 to celebrate what would have been Stephanie's 19th birthday, and I'll see them and the rest of mom's side of the family--I feel really, really lucky. I don't see them as much as I'd like, and I feel like they've missed out on seeing me during some of my most important times (dating Patrick, my bridal shower...that sort of thing), that it's really important to me to try to see them more often.

While my folks were here, we found a neat nursery--and I walked away with a gorgeous hanging basket--it's huge!--for $15. (Thanks mom & dad!!!!) There's a hummingbird (well, really, it could be more than one. I can't tell one hummer from another.) that is enjoying the basket, too, as well as the feeder I've got next to it. I'll try to get some pictures & post them. Dad also bought us a sweet pepper plant--it's going like gangbusters, too! I think the pepper was only $.89!!!! I think I'll be going back to that nursery!

I think that's about all the news I have for now...if something newsworthy happens (like I get a job, or Smokey stops tracking litter all over the bathroom....) I'll be sure to let everyone know!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so thankful to hear you sounding so chipper! My boy sounded more than a little frustrated last night, so having you sound so at home, makes me feel better. I know that you are naturally very upbeat, and that Patrick always knows he can rely on you to see the very best in every situation.

Thanks for keeping us all updated!!

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Mo' says: I'm really glad to hear you in such a happy mood Chauntelle, but when you said "Nursery" I almost fainted, I thought I missed something!! DANG! I'll keep on hoping! Keep your fingers rossed, Kel and Adam have found a house on Graybeal Road for rent, Mr. Rayfield's house will be available 8/01. Tell Patrick to keep the faith, stay the course, fight the fight etc...you know the force is with you...whatever float you boat.he's a smart guy! Love you both, wish you could come and see us all!!

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home