Thursday, August 04, 2005

Hooray!! A foot in the door....

I received a call yesterday morning from a woman interviewing for a law firm--they received my resume and were interested in talking to me. So I went downtown at 3pm to talk to them. It's a really big law firm here in Greenville--they do primarily business law & litigation. They represent the city and county of Greenville, as well as other really big clients. They've got the 12th & 14th (no 13th!) floors of a nice, big, shiny building downtown. It has an amazing view of the hills just rolling away from downtown. I really enjoyed talking to the interviewer; her in-laws are from Knoxville--Louisville, in fact, which is where Patrick & I lived before we rented the house on Woodpointe! Such a small world. We talked for about an hour; I think I'd be well-qualified for the job, and she let me know that my salary requirements are within the range for this position. They're calling back the top applicants next week to meet with the attorney this position will report to, so we'll see. I'll keep everyone posted. It's just nice to know that my resume is out there & getting responses!

And, to cap off a nice day, Patrick & I went to the park downtown to watch a local play company put on a play...."The Knight of the Burning Pestle." It's not Shakespeare; some other playwright, but it's a play-within-a-play. The play begins on stage, and then people in the audience interrupt it, so then you get that interaction. It really made no sense, but the actors were good, and the play(s) had a lot of humor, so it was fun. Nice to just go downtown, spread a blanket on the lawn & just watch the play & people watch. We're really enjoying being in an area that offers so much; we're trying to take advantage of everything that Greenville has (other than food!)--it's so easy to get into a rut & just do things on the weekend. We need to remember that we can get downtown in 15 minutes, or pretty much anywhere else in Greenville in 15 minutes, and not just come home & sit on the sofa watching TV. I think tonight we'll go back to the park--the Reedy River Falls park is connected to the Cleveland Park (where the zoo is) via Greenways--I think we may wander around tonight after Patrick gets home & see where the trails lead us.

Other than that, I've pretty much just tried to stay busy at home....rearranging a bit of furniture, going out to run small errands. I did get a haircut yesterday, so that was exciting. It had been almost a couple of months, and I wasn't able to see through my bangs, so something had to be done. The cats & I have done a lot of bonding.

I'll keep everyone posted on the job situation; I probably won't hear anything until next week, so I'm going to try to keep myself occupied!

Love to all!!!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey!!!

Sounds very promising! I think to know you is to love you, and you are more than qualified...and your resume has more than they could ever want. I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

One another note, would you take a look in the phone book and see if you see a Nancy Lackey? She and her family were really good friends of ours for many years. We just lost touch after her husband died. Just curious to see if she still lives there.

12:46 PM  
Blogger RachieK said...

Cool!! I send a load of super sissy happy thoughts your way!

10:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home