Monday, January 23, 2006

I should not watch TLC in my delicate condition...

But first, apparently, a lot of people find our blogs inquisitive, based on the number of comments we've all received!

I just like to think that it's because we're all so insightful, and witty, and pithy that people can't help but fall into our spell & post their comments.

But I think it's more likely that there'a a spam generator out there throwing out these comments like monkeys tossing poo.

On another note, we are getting a few DVDs and VHS tapes burned to send to the parental (or should I say grandparental?) units....I think that you can see the VHS tape a little better than the DVD, but I know that Dan, with all of his movie software, may be able to do something to help clarify the images somewhat. Or not. But anyway, we're going to be sending out Bean stuff soon.... Most people will probably be getting copies of the pictures printed out during the ultrasound, so everyone will be able to see what the Bean looks like at this stage. See the Bean's perfect spine...perfect hand....*Sigh*

But back to the TLC TV thing--somehow the TV landed on "Medical Miracles" or "Amazing ER Stories" or "How The Heck Are These People Still Alive?!?!" or somesuch program, and the story that came on was a baby born with 4 legs. Now, these are NOT the kinds of programs I need to be watching. Because of course as soon as I saw that, I ran to the fridge (well, since it's only a few feet away, it was more like walking quickly) to make sure that I only saw 2 legs. And I am pretty sure I only see two. And, as a real pick-me-up, the next program is "The Girl Who Turned To Stone" about a girl with a progressive disease that's slowly paralyzing her. Yeah, that's what I need to see right now.

Where are the programs about lollipops & rainbows?????

Gee, if I'm lucky, they'll follow the Stone Girl up with the one about the boy whose skin fell off (which I did see, and was really heartbreaking, and made me cry. A lot.).

I think I need to watch our recorded episode of "Rollergirls" now.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

tiny typin...
go ahead and watch the roller girl thing if it'll take yoyr mind off of the 5-legged stone people. and do try to not worry so much about the beanie weenie. i promise that everything will be ok.

11:48 PM  
Blogger MiMi & Papa said...

My grandparent-unit perscription is to make a date with Baby Bean's Daddy to go see Nannie McFee this weekend and keep the channel tuned only to things like "Whose Wedding is this Anyway," and American Idol !!! No more sad things!!!

12:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might I suggest "Surface, My Name is Earl, Will and Grace, Medium" and a couple other; I'm sure you get my drift, stop watchin' the wierd sh-- for a while! Love you and the bean and P-Cat too!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

It's not like I SEEK OUT these programs...I KNOW what they'll do to me. I think the TV aliens are just messing with me, much like they enjoy cancelling shows that I like, they're now tuning my TV into shows that make me want to cry. Maybe I need to make a tinfoil hat. And maybe one for the Bean, too.

3:03 PM  
Blogger MiMi & Papa said...

Would that then make the tin foil hat be a "beanie?"

11:01 AM  
Blogger RachieK said...

I hope you did not watch Discover Health Channel last night. It was a stunning array of horrible shows that NO ONE in your condition should ever watch. I'm not sure why the Sunday night line up is an homage to rare and horrid birth defects. Stay far, far away!!!!

11:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home