Sunday, March 09, 2008

Happy Birthday, Mom!


Mom, thank you for being you. I know that your life hasn't always been easy, and I know that there have been lots of times--for many years--that you've struggled and worked, trying to hold both ends together. And the amazing thing to me is, I never really knew how much you struggled and worked until I became an adult. When I was little, all I knew is that I had a great Mommy who loved me very much. Of course, I still realize that I have a great Mommy and love her very much!

You've shown me what it is to be a great Mother, and I hope that I'm close to being the Mommy to Noah that you are to me. I know it's not easy, and I'm only beginning to realize how hard it must have been for you to watch me walk, talk, grow taller and more independent (and realize that bricks tied to my head really won't keep me little forever!). Thank you for understanding that your baby needs to walk, talk, grow taller and become independent, and for helping me do so. Even if that journey necessitated wearing pantyhose on my head (hey, they were an early form of hair extensions, and for some journeys and adventures, a little girl needs long hair!). With barrettes in them (again, little girls need long hair, but that doesn't mean that you want that hair in your eyes.). And even if those pantyhose were your good pantyhose, that you needed for work. Until you tried them on & found small holes right across the knees....from the afore-mentioned barrettes.

I am so grateful that you've been in Noah's life from the very beginning. You are so special to me, and I hope that he knows how lucky he is to have you for a Grandma. Something tells me that you are going to be as wonderful of a Grandma as you are a Mother, and for that, Noah and I are both very, very lucky.
Thank you for being you--an amazing and wonderful woman, Mom, Grandma, role model and friend.

Happy Birthday, Mom!! I miss you, but we're sending lots of love and kisses and hugs!

(By the way--those eggs that you gave Noah for Easter last year? We've still got some of them, and they're still some of his favorite toys!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home