Monday, June 06, 2005

It's finally coming together....

Well, we took the day off to work on house stuff. I have to say, it's coming together. I talked to our realtor today; she's coming by tomorrow at 6pm to take pictures and list our house. Our house will be FOR SALE tomorrow!!!! Of course, it rained a gulley-warsher today, so no outside work could be done...but I have to say--the house is looking good. We still need to trim windows, finish up the floor moulding & clean out the laundry room (I'm sure we'll find some treasures in there!), but if I take a step back & look--I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to buy this place. It's downright purty.

We cleaned up the magnets on the fridge--goodbye, "Dress Me Up Elvis" in your gold lame' suit.... goodbye naked "Dress Me Up David"....I don't have the heart to take down the Elvis clock yet. It's been in every kitchen I've had since I came to Tennessee & made my first pilgrimage to Graceland. It was by far the tackiest thing I found in the many shops peddling Elvis, and I knew I had to have it. So it is and ever shall be mine. But...I'm sure that I will wrap him carefully so that his swinging legs don't break, and put him in a safe place until we're in Greenville.

Most of the other pictures are down, too; Rachel--I'm keeping the black & white photos you did of Stonehenge & Warwick Castle (I think it was Warwick...they all started to blend after a while)--they're just too darn cool!!!

We had our hair cut today--we both really like Sheri, and she's been cutting my hair for about 3 years now....we really like her, and it was sad hugging her goodbye...but it was exciting, too--sort of hammered in that yes, we're really, finally leaving Jackson!

Anyway...I'll try to get some pictures posted in the next day of our house. We'd put "Designed to Sell" or "Sell This House!" to shame with what we've done!

Thanks for all the encouragement everybody has been giving us!!!!

(Mom & Dad--we've crossed 10 things off the list, and we just keep crossin' 'em off!)

1 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

Sounds like you guys also could blow away that House Doctor lady!

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home