Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Some words of wisdom....

The other day, I was heading to work, and I was struck by how profound the following is:

One life, I’m gonna live it up.

I’m taking flight, I said I’ll never get enough.
Stand tall; I’m young and kinda proud.

If you think I’ll sit around as the world goes by,

You’re thinking like a fool, cause it’s a case of do or die.
Out there is a fortune waiting to be had--
You think I’ll let it go, you’re mad,You’ve got another thing coming.
(R. Halford)

And then again, on my ride to work this morning, I was inspired by these words of wisdom:


No stop signs, speed limit;
Nobody's gonna slow me down.
Like a wheel, gonna spin it;
Nobody's gonna mess me round.
(B. Scott)

And that just made me really think: we do only have one life, and we need to live it up. We should stand tall—we’re young and (some of us) very proud. We should not let the world just pass us by, we should be reaching for our fortune (in this case, I see “fortune” as “what makes you happy”). We shouldn’t let anyone slow us down, mess us around.

And if someone does slow you down, mess you around, stand in your way:

They’ve got another thing comin’.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya know, it really pisses me off sometimes at myself, but I'm really glad I've got some beautiful youthful and extremely intelligent neice out there reminding me of the most important part of life is the living of it! Occasionally, the numming dull parts of living can make life so boring that every now and then some one need to be shaken and screamed at and yelled at until you get them to respond! At least that's what I tell FRED when I get bored! Boy, didn't I rant and rave, really does make you feel better! Whee , must do that more often, ttalk about getting someone motivated! Anyway girl, I really like your STYLE and CLASS! You have so much and you also know it's not all about Patrick!

9:58 AM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

*BIG SMILE*

7:29 PM  
Blogger RachieK said...

I find the following quite moving:

Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
Nobody's gonna slow me down, oh no
I got to keep on moving
Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride
I'm running and I won't touch ground, oh no
I got to keep on moving

Seriously, I get what you are saying, and you are right! I try to tell myself that everyday. I need to get out and live my life! We all do. You know I had to be a smart ass though.

11:09 PM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

Hey, I could have quoted Celine Dion....my heart will go on, that sort of thing.

Rock on!

12:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home