Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Well, it's Tuesday

It's Tuesday, and that's about all I can say for today. Patrick is back in Lancaster, SC (about 2 hours away), and he's coming back on Wednesday night. I like to think it's because he misses me so much during the week, but there's a part of my brain that knows it's because he didn't take enough clean undies. I am glad he's coming home mid-week, though. I miss him, and it seems like when I'm by myself, I turn very slug-like. I'm not proud of this fact, but it's a fact nonetheless.

Take last night fer instance. We have got a pantry chock full o'food. The fridge? I've never seen more food in my life (well, maybe when we visit Mee Ma & Pee Pa's, but that's another story). The freezer? We're stocked. So when my tummy starts grumbling, I know there are about 14 things that I can fix for dinner. What do I have?

I eat the rest of the Terra 'tater chips (they're fabulous--especially the blue ones)--about 10 full chips & the crumbs I licked off the side of the bag. No, not really. Well, maybe a little bit. And then I made some peanut butter toast. Then around 10ish I had a salad (complete with croutons & baco-bits. Because the spinach leaves are just a conveyance for the bacos & croutons). And that was my dinner.

Tonight I'm having Petros for dinner. Those of you in Knoxville know what a "Petro" is; "Frito Pie" is what others call it....and for those of you who are still clueless: you take fritos. You put chili on top. You put some cheese on it. You microwave it until the chili is hot & the cheese is all melty. Presto--you've got dinner. Then, because one can't have enough chili (and I needed to do something with the remaining 1/2 can of chili), I'm going to melt some pepper jack cheese into the chili & dip tortilla chips in it.

I'm already in my pajama pants...I'll wrap my faux fur blankie around me at some point & watch some pointless show that I've got saved on our PiVo (I think I'm in the middle of "Ballroom Bootcamp" right now), and that'll be my night.

So if y'all will excuse me, I've got some cheese to melt.

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

The other night I had some Totino's pizza rolls and Salt and Vinegar chips for dinner. It's fun being a grown up!

1:24 PM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

The best thing about being a grown-up is being able to eat dessert before dinner, or instead of dinner. That, and drinking alcohol. And having sex. With other people.

5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home