Wednesday, July 23, 2008

...and MORE movies!!!!

I know, I know...I've found a new toy! I just really like being able to share these snapshots with everyone, and Noah has such a great laugh that I can't help taking lots & lots & lots of footage. I just know someday I'll look back & wish that I'd taken MORE pictures, but right now I'm trying to get as much as I can and yet still step out from behind the camera lens & participate.

Enjoy!

Oh, just a quick postscript while I'm waiting for the videos to load (see, even though my format is Blog-friendly, and I can post them relatively easily, it still takes 10-20 minutes for one 1-minute video to upload to the site...so I usually have some time to kill while waiting.). Noah's teacher had to put him in a couple time-outs today...apparently he was pushing some of the other kids & throwing toys. I asked if anyone was hurt, and his teacher said, "Well, Jordan (this really cute little girl in Noah's class) cried," and then she added quickly, "but it didn't leave a mark." *Sigh* His teacher did reassure me that this is perfectly normal, that it's because Noah is bored. See, originally all the kids in Noah's class from the Spring were going to be in the 2-year-old class for the Summer, but because they had SO MANY, they had to split the class, and they did it by birthday: the kids whose 2nd birthday was on/before May went into one room (the 2's room) and the other kids (including our precious boy) stayed in the toddler room. So, apparently Noah is bored, and wants to play with other big kids, with the big kid toys. Who can blame him? His teacher did laugh and say that they know to expect this, and they can hold out for another 2 weeks. Then we have a week break, then back to school for Fall, where Noah WILL BE in the 2's class, and hopefully this will be behind us. Or, Noah learns that when he pushes a fellow 2-and-some-month-old kid, that other kid pushes back.

On the toddler bed issue, Noah seems to be adjusting fairly well, but he truly can get out of his room by himself. He did it once, but then it seemed like he "forgot" until this morning. Pray for us. As far as sleeping, though, he's roaming around less & less, and we're trying to be strong & not let him fall asleep before we put him in the bed. It broke my heart last night, though... I was at an appointment last night, and came home fairly late. Patrick had already checked on Noah, and everything was fine. I check on him before we go to bed (which wasn't long after Patrick had checked on him) and in that time, Noah had gone from sleeping IN the bed, to sleeping on the floor--not even on one of the cushions or pillows we have next to the bed! So I scooped him up as gently as I could (which isn't as easy as one might think...when he's asleep, he's HEAVY!) and put him back into bed. I have no idea if he went back to the floor, because as I said earlier, he got up & opened his door this morning before we could check in on him. It was so sweet, though. He opened the door, came out of his room with his blue blankie, looked down the hall to our room, and said in a sweet little voice, "Hey, Mommy!" and then gave me the best smile!!! What a way to wake up...


Patrick having fun, swinging Noah around & letting him touch the ceiling...which, as you can tell, delights Noah to no end!



This is Noah singing the Mickey Mouse theme, pretty much all by himself. The last time we were in the car & heard the Mickey Mouse theme that plays at the end of the show (the original "Mickey Mouse Club"), I was amazed to hear Noah pretty much singing the entire song, including the "Why? Because we LIKE YOU!" part! You can sort of hear it here, but it's a little jumbled.



This one is sort of out of order; he was saying one set of grandparents' names, but I was trying to get him to say "Hi" to Grandma & Grandpa, but what happened was, he thought a beat or two, then said, "SCOOBY BALL!" and then followed up with "Mickey Mouse Ball!" Now, those two balls were nowhere NEAR where we were, not even in eyesight (sorry, Mom, but right now I'm not even sure where they are....I'm sure they're around here SOMEWHERE!) so the only thing I can think of is that Noah connected "Grandma and Grandpa" to the two balls that he received when he visited, lo those many months ago.... But sorry that we couldn't get him to say "Mee Ma Pee Pa" or "Grandma and Grandpa." Of course, after we stopped taping, he said "Mee Ma Pee Pa" a few times, and he does say "Grandma and Grandpa" but we must remember that he's not a trained monkey, and does not perform on command...



And the final one, our little goofball giving a shout-out to Patrick's parents and sister (and sister's dog)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home