Thursday, September 09, 2010

A little patch of green in the middle of town

Patrick found out about a park pretty much right smack dab in the middle of Spartanburg. So, we all hopped in the car a couple weekends ago & went for a little hike. Saw lots of wildflowers and butterflies; a river that looked fairly clean; and a boardwalk that went over a swampland where Patrick saw a heron. Noah seemed to have a great time, so I'm sure we'll be going back again.

Okay, not the best picture of Patrick, I think I'm passable, but LOVE the funny face Noah was making!


We're a little more normal in this one!


My two boys...


This is at the beginning of the hike. Noah had never really experienced a mud puddle before, and actually slipped in this one. He was a bit muddy for a while, until the mud dried & we could flake it off!

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

I love these pictures! The park is really beautiful. I love the lighting of the pictures too. I actually already made the picture of Noah and Patrick walking the desktop background for the computer!

9:49 PM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

It really was an amazing find--I think Patrick found it--and the fact that it really is right in the middle of town (or, about 10 minutes away from Fresh Market & their pretzel sticks) is just amazing. There's a clearing where they've planted zinnias and the butterflies were just everywhere.

8:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home