Thursday, October 13, 2005

Friday is here at last...

I can't tell you what a draggy week it's been...it seems like this week has been 492 days long. But, it's soon to be Friday (cuz I'm dog-tired, and I hear my pillow calling my name....).

Tomorrow night Patrick & I are going to see Wilco in concert in Asheville. Patrick really, really, really likes Wilco; they're starting to grow on me. I don't know if it's a "they" so much as just Jeff Tweedy. Tweety? Anywho, something like that. It's what Patrick wanted for his birthday (we do that big blow-out, the Celebration of All Things Patrick, next week.)--he saw they were coming to a place near us, so I bought tickets for us to go. We're going to have to meet up south of Asheville, though, as he's still stationed in Lancaster--about 2 1/2 hours to the east of Asheville; and I'm, of course, in Greenville--about 1 1/2 hour south of Asheville. So, we're going to meet up at a gas station at exit 9 off of I-26. Romantic, huh? Maybe they have Cheez-Whiz in a can. We'll call it a party.

Lest you get the wrong idea--I am looking forward to the concert. It'll be fun, and different, and it'll get us out of the house! I'm not sure if we'll stay in Asheville tomorrow night or not--the annual Fall for Greenville celebration also starts tomorrow, and runs through the weekend. It's a BIG DEAL. Rick & Bubba will be there tomorrow & Saturday (radio hosts...I know they're big in TN & in the Carolinas. Not sure about Florida & Georgia.); along with a slew of musicians, and food. So, we want to be back in town to enjoy some of that, and if we stay over in Asheville, it's easy to full under Asheville's spell and stay there awhile. We'll see. A lot depends on what time the concert lets out.

On another musical note, I think I am, in a way, cursed, when it comes to R.E.M. songs. Patrick can vouch for me: every time I turn on the radio, be it on TV w/the cable music stations, in the car w/the Satellite, or listening on-line to a music station, I am guaranteed to hear at least one R.E.M. song, sometimes two. Anyway. Not sure what that pertains to, but it was on my mind, and as this is my blog, I felt like I could share it with y'all.

I'm looking forward to the weekend--hopefully they'll tell Patrick that he can come home, and he won't have to leave me again next week....I really can't keep eating like I have been. When he's home I have to at least pretend I'm an adult & fix real meals. Or at the very least, meals that don't revolve around cheese & chili.

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

I must say I'm a little jealous about the Wilco concert!!!! I know you guys will have fun. We've got the Brewer's Jam on the WF Park this Saturday. All you can drink beer and Scott Miller for $20.00. Plus Mic Harrison will also be there. Times like this, I wish you guys lived here because right now I am racking my brain to think of anyone in my acquaintance that would enjoy that sort of thing. If I had thought about it sooner, I would have had Mom and Dad sneak up here for the day!

11:40 AM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

I'm sorry we missed Scott Miller!! The weekend we're going to K'ville, Southern Culture on the Skids is going to be here at the Handlebar. What do you think the chances are of moving the October B'day celebrations to G'ville at the Handlebar???

10:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home