Tuesday, October 25, 2005

How long can a body go without sleeping and/or breathing?

That's my quandry right now...because I've not been able to both, simultaneously, for about a week now, and it's really starting to irk me. And make me quite cross. So I guess it's good for everyone that I'm by myself right now.

Patrick is in Lancaster at the moment; today is his first day, and from the brief e-mail he sent to me this afternoon, he seemed like he was doing okay...the unfortunate thing, though, is the Ramada Limited in Mt. Sterling, KY (where he's actually working...it's just that people have heard of Lexington) is NOT Wi-Fi...which is a bit funny, as he was all set to get his Palm T/X that's Wi-Fi enabled so that he could take advantage of all these hotels he was staying in that did have Wi-Fi. The hotel next to the Ramada has Wi-Fi...Patrick said he was sitting in his parking lot using theirs for a bit...he may try to switch hotels. Not just to get the Wi-Fi, but also to have some of the smaller creature comforts, like a microwave & mini-fridge. I mean, if you're going to be there for a week, you may as well have some semblance of home.

Patrick's Birthday weekend was a lot of fun--lots of cards & money from lots of people (Thank You Notes are on their way!), and Dan, Janet & Rachel seemed like they enjoyed their time here. It was fun to show them Greenville 20 years later--they all thought downtown & the Park was amazing (it is), and that Frodo's pizza is still the same. Except for Rachel. Who didn't remember much. But she was only two when she lived here.

I know this is short, and forgive me. I need to go upstairs & kill the dog that is barking. I think he's doing it deliberately because I'm not feeling all that great, and he knows it annoys me.

(Post Script on the Open House that our realtor said she held this past Sunday--1 couple showed up, and they needed more privacy. *Sigh* Everyone--pray to St. Joseph. )

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling crappy! Maybe we will all get lucky and get a freeze soon. Then hopefuly all the crap in the air will die down. I know I had a blast in Greenville. The Downtown is awesome, sooooooo much better than Knoxville. I could really think about living there. For real. It seems more cozy and yet more metropolitan at the same time. And of course I would get to be near you guys. I miss that, a lot!

11:28 PM  
Blogger MiMi & Papa said...

Dad and I also had the best time ever!! You guys really showed off the city in the best of ways, and I wish I could do Saturday all over again. I loved every minute!

We loved Greenville 25 years ago and always said that if I couldn't live in Knoxville, I'd love to live in Greenville...of course that was before the fates sent us to Nashville!!! I would still move in a minute! I'd hate to leave my job, but being close to my kids is WAY more important...Rachel, I'll help you put the For Sale sign in the yard and pack! I think it would be wonderful for you...I'm serious!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home