Thursday, July 24, 2008

Hoss & Pa, Little Joe, Adam left the show...

Okay, as a little background, I had heard a song on WDVX (Knoxville's own, a bluegrass station that plays much more than bluegrass...they're on the World Wide Web, so check them out: WDVX.com.) called "Dan Blocker" by a gentleman named Gurf Morlix. Yeah, I know--I'm not sure if that's his real name or not, but it's certainly memorable. And, Patrick being the thoughtful guy he is, bought me the CD (and the whole thing is good, even if Windows Media Player classifies it as Jazz, which I don't see how that's possible, but okay). So this song, "Dan Blocker" is basically to the tune of the slowed-down "Bonanza" theme. The whole of the song is pretty much this:

Dan Blocker, Dan Blocker,
Lorne Greene, Michael Landon
Purnell Roberts
Dan Blocker, Dan Blocker,
Lorne Green, Michael Landon
Purnell Roberts...

And then to spice things up, it goes:

Hoss & Pa,
Little Joe
Adam left the show...

Then back to the Dan Blockers.

ANYWAY.

Patrick put it on the CD he made for Noah, probably more for me than for Noah (since he knew that I'd most likely be the one listening to the CD WITH Noah), and when it came on today (surprisingly, we made it all the way up to song 19--usually we're stuck on the first 5: "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse" theme, "C is for Cookie," the Count & "Batty Bat" song, "Go Diego Go" theme, and sometimes if I'm lucky, we'll get to "No" by They Might Be Giants, and the Wonder Pets theme... but today, AH! We got to SONG 19--"DAN BLOCKER!" And Noah was rocking out. I mean, he was swaying in his seat, bobbing his head. And when it was over, and I'm not exaggerating, he said:

"Dan Blocker do it again?"

And again, and again, and again, and again.... We must have heard that song about 20 times in a row, and he was STILL asking for it. I finally said that "Dan Blocker" had to go ni-night and turned the radio on. He was still wanting "Dan Blocker" tonight when Patrick came home, so I took these videos. I think you can hear the song in the background, and you can see Noah's lips moving a little. He's not full-on singing, but trust me... He's pretty much mastered "Dan Blocker" and I can make out when he's trying to say "Purnell Roberts" so I'm impressed.

Enjoy the videos & the song!






1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

reproduction selectively arrows semester recognizably zenia became revenue wcer sciencedigg korea
lolikneri havaqatsu

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home