Saturday, June 18, 2005

It's beginning!

Well, Patrick is on his way to Knoxville, where he'll stay tonight, then on to Gastonia on Sunday. He's hoping to get to the IDG Corporate Apt. early enough to snag the big room....otherwise, he'll have to share a room (he found out that there will be 2 other people there in the apt. with him.).

He just left, and I tried not to cry, but I knew I would. I really didn't want Patrick's last look of me to be with a puffy face & watery eyes!

Now I'm just trying to think of what to do first; I want to keep busy, get some stuff done, but also don't want to get too crazy...the next few weeks will be crazy enough without me adding to the frenzy!

I think I may go up to WalMart....I hear some bad food calling my name: chips with cheese dip; ice cream; mabe some fish sticks & tater tots. Then I'll kick back, watch some cheesy shows (I've got two "Sheer Dallas" shows and a few "Queer Eye" and some movies that I've PiVo'd) and try to take it all in: we're really leaving. It's not a pipe dream, it's here!!!!!

Yee Haw! (I guess that's the Fingertonian in me coming out!)

(By the way, Patrick--I love you very, very much. You are my world, and I can't wait until these two weeks are up, and I'm picking you up from the Memphis airport!!! I can't be there in person, but I'll be with you in spirit. They're lucky to get you--you'll make a wonderful impression, and they'll wonder where you've been all this time, and how did they ever manage without you!!!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Chauntelle said...

C-

If I'm any good at all, it is only because of your encouragement and support. Really, I wonder what my life would be like if I hadn't convinced you somehow to hitch your wagon to mine. Whatever good qualities I have, you highlight and strengthen them, bring them out of me in a way I don't think I would be able to do on my own.

As always, thank you for everything you do, all the time...
Patrick

2:09 AM  
Blogger RachieK said...

Patrick left his toothbrush thingy at my house. I don't know how badly he needs that, but I'd be happy to mail it to him!

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home