Thursday, June 16, 2005

We're just about on our way!

Well, Patrick's last day at work was yesterday...and it wasn't even a full day! He left his office at around 11:45, and his co-workers took him out to lunch...and I got a call at 1:30ish from him saying, "Well, I'm done!" Yay!

Today he's mowing the yard, and then we've got a lunch date to go to the Dixie Castle--a wonderful meat & 3 place that's uniquely Jackson...meaning--you can't find Dixie Castle anywhere else, and in a town where the question "Where's a good place to go eat?" is met with "Outback Steakhouse," "O'Charley's," "TGI Friday's," or "Olive Garden," it's nice to have something in this town that is special to this place. There's not much about Jackson that I'd call special--Brooksie's Barn is pretty good, and there are some good BBQ places that are housed in small shacks, and there's the Dixie Castle. But all-in-all, Jackson doesn't have much about it that really sticks out...so it'll be nice to eat at a place that is special to sort of help us say goodbye.

I've still got a couple weeks left...and though I'm sure I'll miss Patrick terribly, I know the time will go by much too quickly, and before I know it, it'll be time to pick up the U-Haul and leave Jackson.

I don't think I'll be sad to leave Jackson; it'll be bittersweet to leave our house--the first house we've ever owned!--but the thought of the future just open and waiting for us, seeing Jackson in the rearview mirror...that's what we've been waiting for!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chauntelle said...

Few other sights and sites unique to this part of West Tennessee, all of which I will miss:

*The mobile barbecue van in Bemis that never seems to move from that one spot by the depressed-looking shopping strip, near the scary-ass residential motel.

*Meat jerky on the side of the road in Pinson. Because how many times have we all experienced a sudden craving for jerky while driving home from work?


*Umm, I having a hard time thinking of anything else right now. I guess that's the problem with this area.

11:28 AM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

And the funny thing about the mobile BBQ van in Bemis...I think it's called something like "Rob's Mobile BBQ Cart" but yet the name on the side of the van isn't Rob...it's Larry or something like that.

I, too, will miss the Jerky truck in Pinson. He gives out free samples...though I've never stopped to take advantage of the offer.

12:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home