Friday, June 10, 2005

Why is it so hard?

I don't understand...our realtor SEEMS capable. She's been doing her job for some time now. We were really happy with her when we bought our house--which is why we went with her for our listing to sell. So why is it so hard to have good pictures taken of the house? And is it too much to ask that the pictures be labeled correctly? In other words...why does the picture that says "Back of House" really reflect the FRONT? And is it so hard to correctly spell "beautiful"? No, I'm not kidding....I'm attaching the link to where our house is for sale. Hopefully it won't stay this way for long: http://cisdata.net/bin/rea.php3?ZKEY=0&acnt=AR157842&action=HOME_SEARCH&hs_action=VIEW_DETAIL&listing_id=REAOAK5392717&yahoo=1

I've left a voicemail for our realtor saying I'm not happy with the quality of the photos (her digital camera looked like it weighed about 14lbs, and was circa 1990. If they even had digital cameras back then.); I'm not happy that the living room photo is 1) dark, and 2) has the exercise bike & ladder in the picture; I'm not happy that the cat food bowl is in the "eat in kitchen" photo; and I'm REALLY not happy that the picture she took of the bedroom shows the unmade bed...I certainly don't expect our realtor to make our bed...and yes, it should have been made, but all this was happening at the same time as the whole "Selling of the Camry" and we figured that our realtor has done this before, so she really should know what she's doing.

Also, the ad copy is horrid, and misspellings abound.

Our realtor just called me back saying that we can reshoot & drop off a CD (my suggestion...I figured that we'd take better photos anyway), and she'll have Kim (I guess she's the one without "spell check" on her computer) redo the ad copy. Pam seemed very amenable to any changes we want to make, so we'll see how the 2nd round goes.

Stay tuned.....

(Oh, and in case you can't follow the hyperlink above, it's MLS 110004.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Chauntelle said...

Luckily, Pam did seem to be eager to post whatever pictures we wanted to change, so that was good.

Of course, I spoke with Pam this afternoon, and just peeked at the listing again...and the changes still aren't made in the ad copy.

*Sigh*

I would be so good at writing ad copies!!!! Maybe that should be my new calling...

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home