Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Various & sundry musings...

On any normal day, I find myself zooming around town, in a car dirtier & messier than I'd like, and depending on the time, there's a good chance that mini-me is in the back seat. He's usually talking about this & that. Fer instance, this morning, he was musing that "Pluto used to be a planet, but now it's just a moon." Me: "Really? Did you learn that at Montessori?" Noah: "No, Grandma. Grandma knows everything." Me: "Yes, yes she does."

But then, every once in awhile, I guess his little tootsies get hot, and he takes his shoes off. Mind you, I know when this happens, even if I haven't turned around to peek at his cute little toes. I have no clue when he went from a sweet-smelling baby to a little boy with feet that smell like old french fries. Believe me, for a while, I was searching under the seats, between the seats, for the offending tater, convinced it was there. But no, it was simply our little boy's feet.

I guess the smells only get worse from here.

But speaking of smells, tonight I had the most wonderful compliment paid to me by Sir Stinky Feet himself--
Noah: "Mommy, what do you smell like?"
Me: "I don't know. What do I smell like?"
Noah: "You smell like the special kisses you give me, Mommy."

*Sigh*

I still snuffle his feet every chance I get, stinky fry smell or not!

2 Comments:

Blogger RachieK said...

I've looked online and cannot find any wellies just like the ones he has. I did find tons of camo wellies, but don't like them as well. I wonder if camo is a deal breaker for him....

12:11 AM  
Blogger Chauntelle said...

I honestly don't think that the camo print has anything to do with it, but I CAN tell you that Academy Sports has a ton of camo print wellies that are just his size! I'm just not sure if he'll want the same print, if he'll want ones that look like fire fighter's boots, or what he'll want. Heck, he may want Hello Kitty boots!

8:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home