Saturday, March 10, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mom!


My Mom is such an amazing woman; looking back, I'm not sure how she did it all. I know that she has a way of making things seem so easy, when I know that they aren't. I know that as I get older, I see more and more of her looking back at me in the mirror, and I can hear her in my voice. I can't think of anything that makes me more proud!

My Mom has always been there for me, as a parent when I needed a parent, and as a friend when I needed a friend. When we didn't live close to each other, I looked forward to our shopping/bonding trips--not to buy stuff, but just to be with her. I still look forward to the times we go out shopping, and just talking about all the little things, just being with her.

I love that Mom & I are probably the only two people who think "Ishtar" is a funny movie, and that we like watching funny videos of cats. I love that Mom makes it look so easy to raise a child, and then let her go to live her own life. I hope that I can make it look easy, too.

I know that Noah is going to think his Grandma is an amazing woman, too, and that he's going to love her as much as I do.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I love you!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Chauntelle, these are great pics of your folks! I can see both of them in you. No wonder you're such a goddess!!!!!!

K

6:03 PM  
Blogger A Typical Matt Love said...

Hey Chauntelle, you are your mom are obviously very cool people with advanced senses of humor... you shouldn't feel that you are alone in thinking Ishtar is a great movie!

More and more people are catching on to that fact…

With the documentary film on the way, and perhaps a DVD release in the US (lucky Europeans have had one for years) … this is going to be a great year for Ishtar!

http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/ILoveIshtar/
http://www.waitingforishtar.com/
http://www.ishtarthemovie.com/

We hope you and your mom join us in having a happy Ishtar 20th anniversary year!

6:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home