Saturday, June 16, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

(Pee Pa, Mee Ma & Dad)

(Dad and me)

Align Center(Pee Pa and me)

(Dad and Noah)

(Patrick and Noah)

I just wanted to take a moment and wish all of these men a very happy Father's Day.

I hope that Noah realizes, as I do, how special each one of these men are, and how lucky he is to be in this family.

Sometimes it hits me when I look at Noah that he is my immortality, and I'm sure that Pee Pa, Dad and Patrick feel the same way when they look at their children and grandchildren (and great-grandchild!). I know that I'll try to tell him things to save him some grief and heartache (much as I'm sure Pee Pa said to Dad, and Dad tried to tell me)...and he won't listen (again--much like Dad & I didn't listen!). And Noah will realize that we weren't just talking...we really knew what we were talking about. Just as I'm sure Dad (and yes, me) came to that same realization.

And, I'm sure that Patrick and I won't be standing there, with an "I told you so!" speech. We'll just give him a hug (either literally or figuratively, whichever he needs) and let him know that he's loved. As I'm sure Pee Pa and Dad have done over the years. And then hope to high heaven that he won't make the same mistake again. But then secretly knowing that he probably will, and then maybe he'll learn his lesson that time.

I do hope, though, that Noah knows that he comes from a line of strong men--men who are honorable, who are proud, who are hard-working, and smart. And, in my opinion, pretty darn funny. I hope that he's able to look at his family history and know that he comes from good, honest men. And I hope he knows how lucky he is to have these men as Fathers, Grandfathers, and Great-Grandfathers.

I know I am.

Happy Father's Day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home